1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Started working at home. Left Jacob with my mom for the night. Took CS to see OWU. Tried to do the Couch to 5K program.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Go back to Pennsylvania.
Lower my debt, I'd like to pay off at least one credit card.
Potty train Jacob, even if it means no more cute diapers.
Lose five pounds or just get my body back in shape. I have no strength in my arms anymore..
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, not yet!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Chris's Grandma passed away in September. She was a sweet woman and very much missed this holiday season.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Financial security. Real health insurance, with dental and vision for me.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not that I remember. April I weaned Jacob, June I got a job, in September Jacob turned two. The year was full of really bad things and some really great things.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my job was the greatest blessing of the year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting more involved with my personal faith. I seem to have a block when it comes to doing more than just getting to church every Sunday.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, we are all healthy!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to Ohio to see my friends and family. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got there.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Sallie Mae for my horrible student loans.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Going to Ohio and visiting my Grandma in PA.
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything by Lady GaGa.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder: Happier
Thinner of Fatter: Thinner but not as strong
Richer or Poorer: Richer, but not by much.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken more pictures of people other than Jacob.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried about money.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
In the morning, CS and I opened gifts with Jacob for the first time as a family. We went over to my mom's later to make ravioli and eat with almost all of my family.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother. I heard how great this show was, but I had never watched. Now all the reruns are on all the time and it's my favorite. Mad Med is another I never miss.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I was a terrible book reader this year. I spent most of my down time on the sewing machine and I can't read and sew (yet...) I got a Kindle for Christmas and I've already read Room by Emma Donaghue and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I have plans to download the Hunger Games and Little Bee next. I also re-read the Harry Potter series because I do that every few years, and I had strange dreams of it just like every time before.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I like The Band Perry a lot, along with Lady Antebellum.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I only saw two in theatres. The first I can't remember and the second was Harry Potter. We watch a lot of Scooby Doo. I saw Babies and thought it was pretty good, but sad.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year and CS and I went with his sister and her friend to Water World for the afternoon. It was fun, but we should have been there early to enjoy it more.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
CS having a job and living in a house of our own.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I distract everyone from my clothing by making cute purses. I'm just happy to be back in jeans under a size 10 and non-flowy tops.
26. What kept you sane?
Sewing, it's a great outlet for me to relax and be creative at the same time.
For me, everything came together when I started praying and tithing, even if only at church. I know that's not something everyone does or agrees with, but it's been so true in my life this year. I am very blessed and I can't say that I did it on my own. I had a lot of help.