1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Got MARRIED! June 22nd, and officially on July 1st. Went camping with the children (never again).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not make any last year, but this year I am striving to be more active, find time for myself again, and buy a house.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, we all had babies the year before.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What states did you visit? (I changed this one, as I will never get to visit one country a year.)
Nebraska! It's really hard and expensive to travel with a baby and a small child.
Las Vegas for the ABC Kids show with my job. It was so wonderful to hang out with my co-workers. That is the downside to working from home.
Pennsylvania to visit my grandparents. It was over too fast but I really love my Grandma Pat.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012?
I'm still waiting on a place to call our own, but the light is at the end of the tunnel. Finally!
7. What dates from 2013 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
June 22nd, because we got married!
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Convincing Chris that we should finally get married. I've been waiting for about 5 years now. Managing to take care of all of us AND work with an active toddler.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Doing too much. I can't do it all but I can certainly try and wear myself out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had two bouts of a stomach bug this Spring. One was so bad I had to send Elise and Jacob to Chris's parents and Chris had to come home from work to help me that night. The weight loss was nice but not the helplessness.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy it but I got a leaf blower for Christmas and I am super jazzed about it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jacob for being a pretty stellar big brother. Elise for being so adorable and hilarious.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Christians. If you aren't spreading the love of Jesus then you are doing it wrong.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Sallie Mae and Ford Credit.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Vegas! And getting married, but I had three whole nights of not taking care of the baby for Vegas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Two Black Cadillacs, Whistle Baby, Springsteen
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I can't say I'm happier or sadder, but it's about the same.
Thinner! Baby weight be gone. Almost.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing with the kids with their toys.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelling. I hate it but sometimes I get so frustrated.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home in the morning with just Chris and the kids. Later we went to Chris's parents and then my mom's. It was a good day.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Scandal, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Nashville, Modern Family.
22. What was the best thing you learned? (I changed this question.)
How to make pretzels.
23. What was the best book you read?
I Know This Much Is True.
25. What was your greatest food discovery? (I changed this question.)
I can make Patty Melts and they are the best.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A fire pit
28. What was your favorite film of 2012?
I really liked Catching Fire, but that is the only movie I saw in the theatre.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 this year. We didn't do anything special though!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Buying the house we live in currently.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2013?
I was really happy to be back in my pre-Elise clothing. Nothing new, but my body is going back to normal.
32. What kept you sane?
My mom, and sometimes Chris but his idea of talk therapy isn't really the same as mine.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
It's not political, per say, but I was very upset about the response that the Duck Dynasty comments about homosexuality received.
34. Who did you miss?
My grandma and now that they are gone again, I really miss my brother and sister in law.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't think I made any new friends this year.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Don't judge people. Easier said than done, I know, but it's really not our place.
37. Show us one of your favorite photos from the year. (I changed this question. It used to be about music. Which I don’t really listen to.)