Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Role Reversal

Before I started going to the gym at 5 AM, I always made fun of CS for falling asleep by nine. Guess who didn't see the end of CSI NY (Texas time) because she was nodding off in her chair? Oh, that'd be me. In my defense, I get my second wind back if I get up after such a quick nap. I can fall asleep for fifteen minutes then get up, blink a lot, scowl for a bit, and then be just fine. I just made CS lunch for tomorrow, did dishes, and had a snack. All in 10 minutes. And now I'm in a chipper mood. This is bad because I want to be sleeping in 15 minutes and that's not going to happen like I want.

What is it about that extra half hour in the morning, from 5:30 to 5, that makes me feel so exhausted by nine at night. I go to bed earlier, and still feel the effects. Maybe I just need to train my body to this new time. Or stop my body from waking up at 430. Naturally.

Body. You are a jerk. Sleep in as much as you can.

No comments: