Monday, July 09, 2012

"Camping"

 We went camping for the 4th of July.  I say "camping" because we stay in a fully furnished little cabin with running water so it's not quite camping. I don't really do camping, even sans 2.5 week old babies.  We drove up to Gunnison, which is a couple hours away and about 20 degrees cooler.  I'm now considering summering in the mountains, just to get away from the relentless heat we've been dealing with the last few weeks. 



Elise did pretty good on the drive up, although she hates the carseat as much as Jacob did. Jacob did much better in his brand new big kid car seat. However, when he falls asleep in the new seat, his head flops over and I worry he is going to choke himself on the seatbelt. I resorted to stuffing pillows on his lap, which is was quite delighted with when he woke up.  

We did a whole lot of nothing while we were up there, although we ventured out a few times to visit a hatchery, do a little fishing on Papa's boat, and drove up to Crested Butte for an afternoon.  It was nice to get away, since I don't have many opportunities to do so.  

I have to admit that I am already dreading going back to work. It's so nice to just be at home with the kids and have no obligations. I do love my job but life without one is pretty great. We'll make it work though.

No comments: