Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Metro Living

Please excuse the photos. I finished this quilt about five minutes after I was supposed to be in the shower before church. But I wanted to have some proof that I made it before handing it off. Unlike the two bags I made with Parisville earlier this week!

My mom asked me to make a baby quilt for a granddaughter of a friend of hers. She is due to have a baby in a couple of weeks, and her baby shower was this weekend.

I only had a day to get this done, so I'm happy that baby quilts are very quick projects. I am totally in love the the Metro Living line by Michael Miller right now, so I picked out some coordinating fabrics with the help of Randi. I used a solid Kona cotton for the backing, but my quilt top was about 5 inches too big for the back so I had to add on some strips to lengthen it. It turned out to be my favorite part. Maybe because it's a rainbow them?

The binding was not planned. I forgot to get a fabric for the binding and I didn't have anything on hand that matched. Until I found the red/white polka dots! I am happy that it was pre-washed and ready to go! I didn't pre-wash the rest of the fabric, but I think that the red could have bled and I would be sad to hear if it was ruined!

1 comment:

randi said...

super cute!