Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eleven Things

Back before I even knew what blogging was, I had a Xanga account, just like all my other friends in college.  We all wrote posts and commented on each others and had serious conversations about two other Xanga pages when they started stalking us and making crazy comments on every thing we wrote.  Of course, those two crazy people turned out to be one person pulling the wool over our eyes in a genius manner! 

But the other thing we did all the time was memes. MySpace was also a good place for those, and while I do not miss MySpace at all, I do have a fondness for memes. 

So because Leah tagged me here, I'm playing along! 

1. What is your favorite type of cheese? 

I like most cheeses (except goat cheese. I've tried it many times. It tastes like a goat's pen and I just cannot) but my favorite would probably be brie.  Baked, cold, room temperature, with cranberries, or pears!

2. What are you excited about?
That summer is almost here! I know having kids around with no agenda is stressful for many, but for me, it's more of a break. No rushing to get to school and back to work.  I can send Elise and Jacob out to the backyard and let them play in the sand or with the water. Eating lunch on the patio and letting the bunny roam around the car port! Summer means a lot more freedom for us, and we have a great neighborhood for kids. 

3. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
We didn't! Which is fine, end of summer tends to be a bit busy for everyone.  I worry more about how Jacob will feel if the same business gets in the way of celebrating his day. 

4. What is on your bedside table? 
A lamp with a classy silicone potholder on top to keep the room dim at bedtime.  A Bible, which I am terrible about opening and reading. A pair of headphones for the iPad when I was watching Breaking Bad in bed every night.  And a corn warmer for my feet, although it's nice enough now to leave the windows open at night.  Finally! 

5. What do you order from the movie theatre's concession stand? 
Popcorn and a soda. But we split it between all of us, although I do think that the popcorn has gotten to be terrible. Fake butter of the past was much better than the new fake butter. 

6. Do you have a garden? What's growing?
We do have a garden! But right now it's only growing weeds.  Chris decided that he wanted to pour a concrete curb around it this year, rather than our signature mark of neon orange plastic fencing.  It took a very long time to get the trench dug, but it's finally finished and we just need to rotor-till the ground and plant the seeds.  I don't see us getting much of a crop this year, but that's ok. 

7. Any summer plans? 
Getting the kids in swim lessons as soon as possible. Working in the afternoons is very hard in the summer because the pool opens at one.  So if we can do morning lessons, I feel better about missing out on pool time.  Chris really wants to take a trip to Yellowstone, so we are trying to work that plan out in the next week or so.  At least we won't haul a boat that far, unlike last summer's trip. 

8. Which TV couple's are you rooting for? 
Well, I have a very large backlog of TV to get through. I'm behind on Nashville, Scandal, Mad Men, Modern Family, etc. Mostly because I've been reading (The Passage series! OMG, scary.) and because I hardly have time to sit down to watch it alone. It's not very fun to start a show at 11 PM. Although I will start a sewing project that late because I'm crazy. 

9. What's the last thing you bought?
We went to the mall last weekend and I got new undies and 2 new shirts. And fabric to make an apron for a gift.

10. What is one thing you are passionate about?
This one is kind of tricky.  I love my job and my kids and my hobbies and usually my husband. But sometimes I get burned out by work, and I yell at my kids too much. I really neglect my husband as I have a lot of jobs to do and as the other adult, he get's the shaft of my attention.  I know things will calm someday, but for now it feels like I don't have enough time to be passionate about anything. 

11. What are you grateful for this week?
That we've had rain, my kids are happy to be outside, I can go running, and it's a payday week!

No comments: