Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chunky Monkey

I decided to step on the scale last night while holding Jacob to see how much he's gained since the 3rd. Total-162. When I put him down and got back on, I weighed in at 147. So that's FIFTEEN pounds of baby chunk. Holy cow. I really can't believe he's gained his birth weight in 6 weeks. This breast milk thing must be good for him. Or maybe it's the fact that he sleeps all day, waking to eat and smile at me before dozing off for a while. It's not like he can go anywhere.

Actually, he probably will be moving around soon. He has unusual head/neck strength. He's been able to hold his head up since we brought him home from the hospital. He kicks like a little frog and can kick his way up your chest when he's laying on you. He's certainly a Super Baby. And he likes to fly like one.

And thanks to him, I have terrible, terrible backache. It started last night and it's worse this today. It's like I have a pinched nerve in my lower back. Or similar to whiplash of the neck, but in my lower back. I can't turn to my right, bring my head down, and lifting and lowering the boy is so difficult. I've been taking Tylenol and ibuprofen but it's not really helping. I'm half tempted to call CS and get him back here to help me but since Jacob is sleeping, I guess I don't need him. But what's the perk of him not working if he can't drop all the other things he's doing and come help me?

No comments: