Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rollypolly

Jacob rolled over for the first time today. I put him on the floor with the musical Ark while I tried to make some lunch and right after I put him down, he flipped from his stomach to his back. Then he realized that I was no longer holding him. Which triggered the Cowardly Lion cry, he's quite good at it. It's more faking crying than real crying. Real crying involves a quivering chin.

Is it wrong that it makes me giggle a bit when he gets quivery mad that his pacifier is no longer in his mouth because he spit it out? I didn't think so.

I stepped on my scale this morning and discovered that I am now 140. Which means that I am only 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not quite sure how this happened because I only go for walks on mornings that it's not too cold or too windy. So about 3 a week. I could blame breastfeeding but I don't know if that alone can cut forty pounds of baby weight. I tried to do some yoga this morning, but Crabby Patty didn't want to sit in his swing. Somehow he thinks that I should hold him. I don't know where he got that idea.

No comments: