Monday, February 07, 2011

Case Against Mondays

This weekend was a break I needed after a long week. Temperatures were in the negatives or hovering around 3 degrees, so no one was venturing out. I started working more hours to make up for the student loans going up, so that means more sitting at my desk instead off playing with the baby. I do love my job, but anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows that it is hard. Even when you get just as many nice people as difficult people, the bad always takes more from you. So it was good to relax on Saturday and have friends over on Sunday for the game.

On Saturday, I got my act together and sat down with my Tufted Tweets quilt sandwich and quilted it. Straight line quilting uses a lot of thread! I admit that I did not do the best job because I was just ready to be done with it. I have no doubt that it will hold up but it might look better with a few more lines. I put it on the bed on Saturday night and was totally amazed at just how warm it is. I had been sleeping with two down comforters, one in a duvet as well. I have been freezing when I get into bed, even with my little bedwarmer. Now with just one down comforter and the quilt, I am warm in seconds. Truly. It's so warm.

my next project is to finish the king sized quilt I'm making for an old co-worker. She got the backing for me last week so quilting is all that's left. I'm semi-confident that I will be able to quilt it on my little machine, as long as I take some time to roll up the sides when I get to the center.

We'll see! I have no idea what the weather will be like this weekend. If it's going to be nice, I might not have a whole lot of patience. I may live in Colorado, but cold weather and freezing temperatures are not normal for us!

1 comment:

Mark de Zabaleta said...

I think it's very hard to live with these temperatures !

Greetings from Spain

markdezabaleta.blogspot.com