Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday After

I have to say that I was dreading today. I wanted to spend the day going to different shops, spending my Christmas money. Instead, I had to work! But I got Friday off and I get the 31st off, so I can't complain. And I can't take a day off! I should make up some hours, actually.

Christmas was great! CS and I woke up around 7:30, and sat around waiting for Jacob to get up. I went in to his room a few times, and tried to wake him but he's just like his daddy and can't wake up if he's tired. Finally, around 8:30 he was up and happy. The night before we had set up his new train table with all his new to him trains and track then covered it with a sheet. I had planned to wait until the end to let him see it, but CS told him to take the cover off right away.

And that's where we lost him. He had no interest in opening ANYTHING after he saw his trains. When we would hold out a wrapped package and ask him to open it, he would point at us and say "NO! Playing my trains!" and go back to moving them around. We finally convinced him to open other presents and he was happy to add all his new Cars cars to the train table.

CS got me a Kindle, which is pretty awesome, although he didn't realize that most Kindle books are closer to $10. He thought it was only $3 or so, but it will be good to kickstart my book-reading again. I've been so busy with sewing for Christmas that I haven't picked up a book in months! I read Room already and it's terribly haunting but a good story.

I also managed to forget handing out my Christmas cards to everyone so now I have to mail them all AFTER the holiday and that just sucks. I tried, I really did!

I got CS a Ninja blender and he keeps saying that he's never going to eat solid food again, but he also got a waffle maker so guess what we had for breakfast? If you said waffles and a smoothie, you'd be wrong because I failed to buy frozen yogurt and fruit to make smoothies.

Next year, I'm going to make lots and lots of lists and actually remember to check them.

I hope you had a great holiday!

No comments: