1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Left Jacob with Chris for a three day weekend and went to a wedding for one of my OWU friends. It was awesome and much too short. I took a photography class and finally learned how to use my SLR in manual.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't even remember if I did a resolution last year. Probably not, as it's not really something I strive to do. I'd rather make a change as I find the need.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my friend Jessica had her son this Spring and then promptly moved to South Dakota. Also, many people, myself included got themselves knocked up!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, we were fortunate this year.
5. What countries did you visit? None!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A place to call our own. We are long past due for a house of our own and I want to work really hard to get that this year. We need it, as a family.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 7th, when I took my first positive pregnancy test. May, when Chris got the call that he was hired on as a medic.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Working hard to ensure that I always had enough money to pay my bills and have enough time to be a mother to Jacob. I know he watches way too much TV, but I'm proud that I've been able to ensure he is getting enough from me as his almost stay at home mom.
9. What was your biggest failure? It's not really my fault, per say, but my three months of morning sickness really made it hard for me to be present as a parent. This go around is much harder on me than I thought it would be!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? We have been pretty healthy this year, besides a couple colds, which always seems to linger around in my sinuses longer than I would like.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My phone? It was free, but we do have to pay more for the data package. I don't need it, but it's sure nice to have in a bind or as a way to keep Jacob entertained.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Chris, because he's really turned into a different person since he got his job with AMR. He finally found his calling and it's made a huge difference in our relationship and with Jacob.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Most recently, I'd say my dad really made a bad decision toward my brother. When you cannot have a normal relationship with all three of your children, then the problem lies with you. After 50, it's time to let go of the past and enjoy your life and your family.
14. Where did most of your money go? Sallie Mae, I'm sure. I did finally work a payment plan out with them to allow me to pay on the whole loan and not fork over 100% of my paycheck, but it's still way too much money. When is the bail-out for us? Hmm?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having a BABY. It just felt like it was time and I couldn't wait any longer.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Red Solo Cup? It's a new one to our family, but we like to play it loudly and sing along.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter? ( I am pregnant)
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more time working out. Now that I have my energy back, it's too cold on a lot of days to go for a walk and I know it would be good for me, for Jacob and the baby, and for the dam
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Not having more play dates. Sometimes it was easier to go do something with just Jacob, instead of setting something up with a friend. But it's hard when I have to work and others do not!
20. How did you spend Christmas? Spend the day at my mom's with my family until Chris got off work. We then went to his parent's for dinner and presents before going home to bed. Monday morning is when we celebrated Christmas as a family, which worked out fine in the end.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes and Yes. Chris has gone back to the person I fell in love with and it was really hard for a couple of years but we're finally back on track.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I finally dropped Law and Order SVU to record Modern Family and I absolutely love this show.
23. This question has been deleted because it’s SOOO teenage emo Xanga shit.
24. What was the best book you read? Game of Thrones/A Song of Fire and Ice series. It was the best series I've read in a while and I can't wait for the next 2 to be released. I also really want the rest of the Sookie Stackhouse books to be finished!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Amy Winehouse and Adele, thanks to Spotify.
26. What did you want and get? A cast iron dutch oven!
27. What did you want and not get? I wanted an iPad but I don't want to shell out the cash to get one. And I had to pay for Hunter to have surgery which took all the money for the iPad.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I saw Harry Potter, and that's about it. I loved it enough to buy it, although I have a long list on the Netflix cue to work on.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28 this year and I took the day off to get a manicure and go shopping. Then Chris threw me a surprise party a couple of weeks later, which was really nice!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A new place to live! Even though we did a lot of work here on the yard this summer, and had an awesome garden, it's just not a comfortable place to be anymore.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Pretty much the same as last year. I didn't spend very much on clothing this year.
32. What kept you sane? My very adorable child.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't admire very many people, but I do appreciate those in real life and the internet who do their best to keep drama from their lives.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I am not very political in any sense, but the corruption of pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies really makes me angry. Along with stupid people who sue others just to get a buck.
35. Who did you miss? My Ohio friends. With a kid, a job and something of a life here, it's hard to keep in touch as much as I would like.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I met a lot of new people this year when I started being more involved in church and it's nice to have that when we go on Sundays.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. That we can make it on very little and still feel like our lives are lived to the fullest.