Friday, November 02, 2012

Leg Warmers

So. Leg warmers.

Anyone with a baby needs these. Especially cloth diapered babies! Because pants don't always fit well with the cloth diapers, this keeps legs warm and makes for easy changing!

I got a pair of knee high socks from Target, I believe that they were $1.50. So dirt cheap. I cut off the heel and the toe, making two tubes: one short and one long.  I flipped the short one inside out, sewed a half inch or so, to make it smaller, then flipped it right side out. I then put the wrong sides together to make a cuff and slipped the longer tube inside and sewed through the three layers to make a cuff.  In theory, this should make the leg warmers stay on better, but they still slip around a bit so I need to make the cuff smaller next time. 

This took me less than 5 minutes and was way cheaper than paying $9 for a pair from other companies. Sure, they may get a bit frayed, but I can always use an excuse to go to Target, am I right? 

No comments: