1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Had a natural labor. It's something I always wanted to do in having my children, although I really wanted those drugs when I was in the midst of it. But looking back, I am so happy I didn't have the time for the epidural. It makes me feel like a superhero.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I
did not make any, and I don't have much of a goal for the next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes,
me! Along with quite a few people I know online, as well as in real life.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? None, again.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A
place to call our own. (2012) We did not get a place of our own, however, life became so much easier and happier here when the girlfriend upstairs moved out.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 15th, Elsie was born, September 5th, Jacob started preschool/
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding our groove as a family of four. The first few months were rough, even though Elise was still a sleepy newborn. I was working, Chris was working AND going to school, and I just felt that there was so much on my shoulders.
9. What was your biggest failure? I can get short with Jacob over things that aren't a big deal. I need to spend more time teaching him the correct way to act in certain situations, rather than get frustrated.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just one cold, which has left Elise with a rash from the anti-biotics and I'm hoping we are both safe from thrush.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My
iPad! That thing was my lifesaver when Elise was born. I could nurse and entertain myself, or pass it off to Jacob to play with when I needed him to stop acting like a crazy person.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jacob. He has been the best brother a little sister could ever have. He loves to entertain her after her nap, he wants to talk to her when I change her diaper, and he can make her laugh the loudest. I would have a million kids just to watch them all become older siblings.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The girl that used to live here. I do not have any tolerance for people that create emotional distress for their children.
14. Where did most of your money go? Sallie
Mae, same as last year. Also to the doctor for our co-pay.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having a BABY. (2011) I'd say that her birth was the best thing that happened all year long.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Call Me Maybe. What, it's catchy!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time working out. (2011) I am not really disappointed in this, because I have so many other things on my plate and it's so cold out, but I do wish I had the time and energy to work out. Maybe if we lived somewhere with a gym that offered childcare, but that's not an option here in Small Town USA.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Honestly, not much comes to mind.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Chris had to work Christmas day, so we celebrated as a family on Christmas Eve morning. We opened presents and played at home for a bit before heading to my mom's house for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, Elise had a horrible rash that we were worried about, so we took her to the ER that evening. Luckily, it was nothing serious and we were able to go visit Chris's parents later.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes, with my whole little family. I love watching Chris be a daddy to Elise and Jacob. Everyday, I fall in love with Elise and Jacob.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Nashville!
23. This question has been deleted because it’s SOOO teenage emo Xanga shit.
24. What was the best book you read? I really liked Gone Girl and I spent many hours working my way through The Lord of the Rings.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I could listen to Nashville on Spotify?
26. What did you want and get? A Vera Bradley duffle bag. I've been coveting them for years, and I am so excited for our trip in January.
27. What did you want and not get? I wanted my car to work for at least another year, but it just couldn't last!
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't think I saw anything in the theatre this year! I watched a lot of Netflix, and I am really excited for The Hobbit.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I
turned 29, and I went about my day as usual. Chris had to work that day, and we didn't make any post b-day plans.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A
new place to live! (2011) SAME THING!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? First 6 months: Maternity clothing. Last 6 months: Nursing tops (must be long in the torso) and a pair of Gap Jeans.
32. What kept you sane? Chris, most likely.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I think that quote from Morgan Freeman about not allowing the media to make mass killers into celebrities made a good impression on me.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I
got very angry about the so called Christians around me that are hell bent on the immorality of gay marriage, abortion, homosexuality, etc. As a whole, we are called to love those that don't know Jesus. That's it. We do not get to judge! I wish Christians would work to simply love non-Christians, instead of alienating them.
35. Who did you miss? My Ohio friends. (2011) Ditto. The weekend I spend in Ohio was so much fun, I wish I could do that every month.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I
think my neighbor Alex. She was my little source of refuge when being at my house was miserable and she helped me many times with Elise when I had to work.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. That we can live in the most miserable circumstances and still enjoy our time at home as a family.