Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Love Grocery Shopping

What I'm cooking this week:

Wednesday: Manwich sloppy joes because I went shopping at 6 PM and we were already out of food. Chips and peas. Jacob had grapes until I realized he would pick up the peas and eat them. However, for every pea that made it into his mouth, three fell to the floor. Hunter was not disappointed.

Thursday: Steak, foil wrapped potatoes on the grill, spinach.

Friday: Pizza made with sausage, mushrooms, yellow peppers, and onions. Or BBQ chicken pizza. Whatever kind I feel like cooking.

Saturday: Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy if we don't ruin it again. Maybe a salad.

Sunday: BBQ Pork Loin. It's pre-seasoned so we just throw it on the grill and it comes off super tender. Jacob is going to eat some this time around; last time I thought there were more pieces left and I ate the last piece on my plate. He was still hungry. Baked potatoes and cauliflower, possibly with cheese sauce.

Monday: Hamburgers, tator tots, cabbage slaw with buttermilk dressing.

Tuesday: If I didn't make a BBQ pizza on Friday, then I will either make it today or I will make BBQ chicken with mac and cheese and fried okra.

I have grand plans to make something chocolate-y and possibly a cake-y. Maybe homemade oreos. What I really want to make are Guinness cupcakes with Baileys frosting but I lack both the alcoholic components. I also have mounds of blueberries to go through, some for baby food, but the rest is unknown. I have a recipe for pound cake or possibly a lemon yogurt blueberry loaf.

For lunch, I have a smashed chichpea salad that will go on homemade bread. If only I remembered to get some wheat flour. Seriously, I need a pantry the size of a bedroom. That would be heaven!

No comments: