Sunday, January 10, 2010

We're Moving!

On Friday night, it was decided that we would start moving into CS's brother's house over the weekend. We've been waiting for this for a while and finally everyone is participating in making it happen. We got all the things we "need" out of storage and moved them into the basement of the house. We have two bedrooms, a living room, and a full bathroom to ourselves. We're going to be sharing the kitchen but I think we can handle this. Hunter gets to come live with us and he's going to go insane with joy over the fact that there are other dogs to play with. I'm going to have to put up a baby gate so he can't spend all day upstairs with them.

Right now there is no carpet in the rooms but we have one rug and we'll try to get something else for both Jacob's room and the living room. The windows are tiny and almost on the ceiling because it's a basement but it's ok. It's better than how we are living now. Even with a fully furnished house. At least I can leave the house without obsessing about whether or not I picked up all Jacob's toys or left my shoes by the door. Jacob can have his own room with all his toys to play with. The biggest downside is that there is no cable at the moment. I'll have to get ours turned back on soon, since the six month suspension is up soon and we can probably handle that bill with the others. I just had a problem paying for someone else to use our cable.

I'm going to set up my sewing machine in the living room since I'm going to be starting a quilt-along with a blogger who lives in Fremont County. We met when I worked at the library but I had no idea she blogged until my mom showed me her Etsy shop. Perfect timing as I was already planning on making a quilt with my Christmas money I was sure to get.

Things are all coming up roses here, though. Friday night, after CS and I got back from Pueblo, he discovered a tow truck outside his parent's house. He parked his truck behind the house we are going to live in and walked back to his parent's just in time for the repo man to get to the door. His dad talked to him and bought him some time to figure out what he needs to do to keep the truck. I'm at a dilemma in that I know we cannot afford his truck anymore but I know how much it means to him and how much he has used it for all the jobs he's had. His idiot boss flaked on him when CS called on Friday night to see if he could help him LIKE HE PROMISED and his boss said no, he wasn't able to do that as he almost got stuck in OH without any money. CS is thinking about taking out a loan for school to help him out but I'm worried since we already have so much debt, we don't need any new debt and if he doesn't get his payments lowered then we will be back in the same place in a few months. Plus, he hasn't worked since December 17th and he hasn't gotten paid since November 30th. We're kind of in the lowest place ever, and I have no idea what we'll do next.

I have to say that we are also terribly lucky at the same time. I'm well aware of the fact that I'm able to type about this tragedy of no money and no work but I also stay at home with Jacob and enjoy a normal lifestyle. I still have my car and my laptop and my cell phone. I am lucky but I know there are others who are not.

No comments: