Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Life of the Party

When it's your birthday party, you can wear whatever you want. Including your cousin's beach cover-up.
You don't have to look at the camera because you are too busy with your new toy.
But you can look adorable and be happy all day without a nap.
Plus, for every year that goes by, you get the same amount of party girls in matching swimsuits!

The party was a lot of fun, and it seems like I did the least amount of work to pull it off. My co-worker brought the cake (banana cake with ganache, YUM!) and my mom grilled the food while I talked to everyone. Being a hostess does not come naturally to me. I always worry about people who don't know anyone and I try to be talking to as many people as possible so no one feels uncomfortable. There were only seven children and that was a nice number to have. Almost everyone left around dinnertime, but the few that stayed got to eat again and we had a fire! Sadly, the gas station was out of marshmellows and graham crackers so there were no S'mores like I was hoping when we decided on a fire. But at least the huge pile of sticks we have been collecting has burned up! One of our nosey neighbors tried to call the fire department on us but we heard the page that went out for us and CS called dispatch to let her know that there were already two firemen scene. Finally, the fire department pays off for us!

Jacob was awake from 8 AM until after 9PM but as soon as I put him in the car, he was out. We didn't even make it a mile before his little head drooped over. Party Success!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

not nosey neighbors, it has been hot and dry, I am glad they were keeping an eye out for trouble....