Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quilty

These are pretty terrible pictures of the quilt I am going to be working on soon. I have one extra fabric that isn't pictured, it was in the mail when I took these. But it's the same sofa print, just in green and blue.

I have cut all my strips out to make this quilt but I'm discovering that I have A LOT of strips. Enough strips to make two quilts. I'm lacking enough white at the moment but I can get more when I need it. However, I can't decide if I should make a monster sized quilt or two smaller ones. I would love to make one big enough to put on the bed this winter. But I'm reluctant to pay for the yardage I would need for the backing. I know I can use a sheet from Target for much cheaper, but I so love the design of this line. Although, the decision might be made for me, since I think Randi will soon be out. I have enough leftover fabric to do big blocks on the back with a solid, so I might go that route. Much cheaper!

But the thought of all the quilting I have ahead of me makes me a little hesitant. I'm already tired of meandering, plus my stitches seem to be looking raggedy and I hate taking them out and trying again. Maybe time to try some straight line quilting?

No comments: