Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Emma Lou




It's terrible to pop in with bad news, but that's all I have to share today.

Our dog, Emma, is 12 now. A month ago, she started being picky about her food so my mom took her to the vet and found out that she has a lump on her heart. There wasn't much to be done, so we expected to only have a couple more months with her.

Unfortunately, in the last 10 days, she has pretty much stopped eating. She used to be a big girl but now she down to just her fur and bones. My mom decided that it would be better for her to take her in and let her go.

It sucks so bad.

2 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

ah, this makes me sad. your mom must be heartbroken. i will be praying for you all as you walk through this. emma sure looks like a sweetie.

Unknown said...

Awe it does suck so much. Pets become such a big part of the family and it is just plain awful when they die.
We had an old dog at 17 years old and had to make the decision to get a home vet to come to our apartment downtown (a rarity here) and put her to sleep. It was very emotional but I was so glad that we go to be at home in our little apartment with my husband.