Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm Going To Colorado, Are You?

That's the text that CS sent me last Monday at 3 PM. I was slightly confused. I know I wanted to go to Colorado, but I had just taken a week off work to be sick on the couch. I didn't know why he was going. He was supposed to be finishing the ACC ( I think) for the air test. Sadly, his Grandpa Honey had passed away and his whole family was gathering in Colorado to be with his grandma. Not quite the happy vacation. It was hard to see the family so distraught and not be able to do anything about it. I'm not good with feelings of helplessness. It's not really my thing. Plus, all I want to do is NAP. I need a nap in the afternoon, and I fall asleep around 8 in the evening. And it's not light dozing, it's sleeping! However, everyone just let me sleep. I think the baby stayed up later than I did every night.

I'm not quite sure what to say about the passing of a loved one and the things that happen after death. My family has been blessed with so few deaths that I'm somewhat shocked by all the stages one must go through to get it. Flowers, caskets, viewings, services, potlucks, burial. That doesn't even cover half of it. There are so many things to decide. I imagine it would be overwhelming. Is there even a way to completely honor someone's life with the prep of only a few days?

CS was nice enough to take me home for a day in the midst of all this, and I got JBelle for a day. We spent the weekend at my mom's house and I was able to see my uncle. Watch the Superbowl, for the commercials, of course! I got to eat at Noodles (my fav), MoMo's (my fav), La Casita (my fav), and my mom made me ribs. Obviously, food is a trend here. When I want food, I really want it. Need it, even. I'm eating healthy, but I'm no longer worried about eating a whole Crunch Roll from MoMo's, along with miso soup, and maybe a cookie later. Who knows, I might not be hungry for hours after that (NOT) but at least I'm getting something to eat. Most of the time I don't feel like eating at all. These are usually times when I need to eat because I start to feel sick if I don't have food in my stomach.

Speaking of which, I need to start dinner.

No comments: