Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Best He Can

Hunter has been very tolerant of allowing us to place things on his nose before getting a treat. I actually had nothing to do with his willingness to hold still while a treat was placed directly onto his snout. A man at Brakes Plus in Pueblo can take the credit for that. I was waiting for my car to be serviced and a man who was waiting in the room with me placed one of Hunt's rawhides on his nose and got him to hold still. (I used to take Hunter with me because my uncle runs the Brakes Plus and he likes dogs.) Ever since then, Hunter will allow you to place a snack on his nose and hold his head steady until you move your hands far enough away from him to flick it off and gobble it up. I think the fact that he was able to stand like this for so long was because the object on his head is not as appetizing as a succulent piece of chicken or left over cheese. Don't get me wrong, he loves to rip up water bottles but that's a process and he's really tired right now from following Abe around like a little leach.

No comments: