Sunday, March 01, 2009

Will Be Boarding Soon

So I caved and used my credit card to buy a plane ticket to go see CS. I know that we are not going to be able to move out there in less than two weeks and I can't imagine how it must be for CS to have to live in a hotel and not see me and Jacob for another month. So we're just going to visit for a week and come back and wait for our tax return so we can move out there for good. The main holdup on moving has been that CS hasn't worked any overtime and for two weeks he was sick and didn't get full forty hour weeks. So when we're still living paycheck to paycheck, it's hard to plan a thousand dollar move AND find a place to live which always requires deposits.

We keep asking Jacob if he's going to see his daddy and he usually grins uncontrollably. He talks to CS on the phone, which is unusual since everyone else he hears on the phone just makes him want to bite on the phone. So babies can remember their daddies.

His skin is doing so much better, it's like I have a brand new baby! My mom says he's so cute he looks like a girl, and she put a bow behind his ear to prove it. His legs and elbows are still a little rough but it's so much better than it was a week ago. And he is so much happier! I didn't realize how crabby and cranky he could get until we started putting the ointment on him. We grease him up around 8 PM and he suddenly morphs from a screechy Tasmanian Devil into a cherub. I'm pretty sure he even gets wings. They're just under his PJ's. He's also on an anti-histamine and it keeps him sleeping soundly until about 4, which is when I'd like him to wake up to nurse anyways. But it also has a little side effect of waking him around 7 AM and I'd really like to sleep another hour. I guess uninterrupted sleep is better, if I had to choose. Now, since I have a baby with amazing baby skin, we will begin the introducing of solids part of the program. He already knows what a spoon is used for and once he tried banana pudding and seriously objected when I took the spoon away to get more. He's kind of bossy.

No comments: