Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July What?

Somehow it is already July 21st and only two days away from my mom's birthday. Why is this happening? I want it to be summer forever, I am not ready for winter to descend on us in 2 months, commencing with the awful gusts of wind our area seems to attract. We are supposed to be in the South where winter is just a pipe dream and no one knows what snow even looks like.

I hate winter.

Especially since my mom just got me three new pairs of cute shorts, two tank tops, and a dress that doesn't make me look 4 months pregnant. Not to mention the fact that Jacob mostly wears a teeshirt and a diaper all day. Or just the onsie he slept in the night before.

I'm trying to figure out what to get my mom for her birthday but it's hard to justify a present right now when the money I have in my account is coming from her. Plus, all the crafts I can make with my limited knowledge, she already has! So I'm going to bake her a cake. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Except she's going golfing on her birthday. Which seems like a rather lame way to spend a birthday evening, but all I have to offer is a night with a baby who likes to eat rocks. So clearly her options are limited.

No comments: