Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dishwashing, A Cautionary Tale.

The sink at my mom's is clogged with something. I suspect it's a bell pepper stem that managed to avoid getting chopped by the disposal but I guess it could be something else. My mom put a bottle of drained opener down it last night but it hasn't worked as of this morning so I had to do something about the mound of dishes next to the sink. The dishwasher is full and since we can't run it, that wasn't an option. So I loaded up a laundry basket of dishes and went to the bathroom to run a tub of water and wash them, on my knees and fighting the shower curtain just like the pioneers use to do. After unloading half the basket into the sink, I started to wash a few and realized I needed to be on the other side of the sliding door. So I scooted Jacob over and went to stand up and knocked over the basket of dishes that was perched on the toilet lid. There there was a shower of broken glass and the baby started wailing. I only broke three glasses and only two of them were the nice ones. I guess it could have been worse. Like I could have been alone and had to clean up glass with a weeping toddler and a tub full of dirty dishes so I didn't have anywhere to stash him.

However, I have to go now because the baby is sucking on the end of the cord from the vacuum cleaner and I'm pretty sure that's not good. Also, Barney is on and I haven't taught him how to change the channel yet.

No comments: