Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I have been busy shopping for groceries, cooking a cheesecake, and making these for Christmas dinner! Not to mention the bazillion crafts I had to finish before tomorrow morning. I made owl ornaments for all the kids in CS's "other family" so I don't feel like a total loser when they give Jacob gifts and we have nothing for their children. My plan for downsizing Christmas a few years ago is not working when you meet people who have gift swapping traditions.

I can't wait for tomorrow morning, when Jacob can rip open his bag of Cheeto's and mac and cheese. We'll take better photos this year and hopefully he doesn't take a nap through it like last year. We're having dinner with my family at one then it's off to CS's grandma's for her dinner because it's "always at two" and we'll open gifts with his family in the evening. I can't help but wish that we had our own house to wake up in and traditions to make with Jacob but maybe next year. 2010 will be better, right?

I must go make rolls and frost the cheesecake! I'll leave you with this:

No comments: