Thursday, August 09, 2007

Making A Habit.

Now that I am settled (for now, I still have TONS of things on my "Need this" list) into our house, I am trying to get my life back to normal. Since I don't have a job yet, I have an entire day to fill. Luckily, I have lots of things that I want to do. I've started getting up at 6:30 in the morning and taking Hunter for a walk. The first few days I think we only went about a half mile but after some trial and error we are up to over a mile a day now. The only downside to walking is that I live a neighborhood that is surrounded by major roadways in Hobbs. So everywhere I walk, there are cars driving by. And I am used to nice quiet walks in the country where no one drives by and no one else is around. Although, the city people confine their dogs better and I don't get chased! After our walk, I feed Hunt and put him outside while I watch Good Morning America and do a hundred sit-ups followed by some good yoga poses. After that, I take time for cleaning, a shower, breakfast, and run my errands before going out to the job site on occasion. In the afternoons, I usually end up hanging out with Tracy until the boys get back around 5.

I am going to look for a job soon because I know that my days aren't always going to be entertaining to me and I would like to get out there and meet people. The library here is looking for a part timer, but the hours they want me to work are 4-8 and I would never see Chris. Which was the whole reason I came here, so that wouldn't work out. I applied anyways, and if they decide to give me an interview I can see if they are able to adjust my schedule should I work there.

I pulled out my bag of yarn yesterday and I started a project over again (for the 3rd time!) but I think this time I am happy with the pattern. I was disappointed because I thought I had two skeins of this bright, grass green yarn and I only bought one. Not sure what I can do with just one, but we'll see.

I'm struggling with morning TV though because I am still boycotting the Today show after I decided that they were in the wrong for bringing people on the show with no knowledge of the fact that they were about to be ambushed on live TV. I don't really like Good Morning America, and I really Hate Regis and Kelly. The Food Network isn't showing the "good shows" at 8 AM, and I want to watch something educational this early in the morning. I pick trash TV for later in the day. Right after I watch Ellen, actually.

No comments: