Saturday, December 01, 2007

Fizzled.

I'm not quite sure what kept me from posting every day of NaBloPoMo. It's not like I have a whole lot to juggle. Between Hunter and CS, I don't quite have a busy schedule. I think I could blame it on my lack of internet access during the day. Sure, I have the Web but I don't get to play on it more than 45 minutes a day. When I get home, I usually walk Hunt before CS gets home. Then it's time to make dinner, eat dinner, clean up. There are shows to watch, conversations to have. I'm lucky if I get all my blogs read in time for bed. Which, sadly, is currently around 9. I went to bed the other night at 8. Babies stay up later than I do.

Tomorrow my brother will be driving into town to stay work with CS's company. He lost his job last week, and CS was able to get him hired on as a welder or whatever else they might need. I'm not too clear on the details. I didn't quite think this one through. I suppose that's a good thing. I know my brother has quite a lot of debt (nothing like mine, lucky boy) and he cannot be out of a job. He has to make over ten bucks an hour in order to pay all his bills. So most jobs in CC aren't going to cut it. So if I can let him live with us, and be around someone like CS instead of the scum he generally surrounds himself with, it's going to be for the best. He's just not allowed to bring his girlfriend to live with him. One surly boy is enough. I don't need a surly girl who never comes out of her room living under my roof.

My long term English job is up on Tuesday. I'm a little worried about giving them over because I know that they are going to give the new guy a hard time. The person who taught before me was very strict and had the hardest time with this group of kids. I've had a less difficult time getting them under control. But I am a lot younger and let them get away with a lot more than she would ever allowed. But part of it was in self-preservation. I let the bad kids go out in the hall so I could teach the ones willing to learn (somewhat) and I am pretty lenient when it comes to accepting make-up work or how I run my class. I let one boy in 7th period sit at the other desk in my room. I let another freestyle rap for the class, but I did make him pay me for the swear words he said in class. Actually, his friends listening paid me, but I don't care where the money comes from, as long as I get some for the words.

It's funny to me that I'm worried how a man older than me, plus a teaching degree, will handle my classes. I'll probably be a little smug, too, if it turns out he's having a hard time. I can't help it! I'm a bit of a narcissist!

No comments: