Thursday, December 13, 2007

Afternoon Prep

I am Coach today! I really want to walk around the halls with a big stick, but I can't find his. I think it's locked in the closet.

Coach S. is the science teacher in the 100 wing. He's the only one on this side of the building, the other three are on the other side. I think it's because his classroom is right next to Coach M's room and they get to plot during passing period in the hall. The story behind the stick Coach S. carries around happened when he first started teaching in this room. He found an old cane in the classroom and started carrying it around the hall. One day, he smacked a desk with it in front of two girls who kept chatting and it broke into pieces. A student brought him a new walking stick, this one has carvings of faces on it. As well as a sharp point on the bottom. I don't know if it does anything for the intimidation of students, but when he's here, swinging that stick in the hallway, kids sure aren't tardy.

Across the hall from me, the sub for Ms. H. is having a heck of a time with her 6th period. Is it wrong that I'm often amused by that? I have such a superiority complex on that issue, yes I do!

No comments: