Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Wind Blows

I forgot that living here in the winter time is horrible. Of course we do have our 70 degree days and the sun shines all the time but there is a relentless wind in our area. It drives me crazy. Maybe it would be different if we lived in a "real house" instead of a mobile home but it's terribly annoying. There is no reason to fix your hair on days like this. Or Monday, when the ceiling fans were shaking so hard I thought they might fall on me. Of course, I'm also going to go live in Mississippi, where they have HURRICANES. Smart.

My wrist has been acting like an 85 year old woman. It's only my left wrist and it seems to have some sort of inflammation that causes it to hurt me when I put any pressure on it. I can type, but I can't push myself off the floor. I can twist it but I can't push on it. This has been happening once in a while since I was about six months pregnant and I wonder if pregnancy carpal tunnel has followed me home. I don't think I will get pregnant again, it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be back when I was seven and putting towels under my shirt.

Jacob has his own little malady going on where he has a horrid rash all over his body. It started last Thursday or Friday and it slowly spread from just his torso to his arms, legs, and now one side of his face. He looks like a little Scarface. I called the doctor's office and spoke to a nurse who told me to see if it gets any better by Friday and if it doesn't then we'll be making a trip in. Supposedly babies can get viral rashes? Now that's it's moving all over his body, I am reluctant to say that the switch from Target brand baby detergent to All Baby detergent is the culprit. Especially since I washed everything in All Free and Clear when he broke out. It doesn't seem to bother him, he's not fussier or sleeping less. Just splotchy and looking like a leper. I'd like it to go away so I can stop worrying about it. How am I supposed to be a laid back mama if my baby comes up with weird skin issues. Oh, right. WINE!

No comments: