Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm Sorry.

Not that there is anyone to really apologize to, but whatever. I know that Annushka is obsessed with her Gmail Group and that Duncan Donuts has some sort of law school paper due, so they aren't posting either.

One reason I haven't posted, besides laziness, is that I have been sick. My tonsils are quite large and my head hurt for two days. I went to a walk in clinic today and the "Doctor" gave me a prescription for antibiotics and steroids because I "have strep, and we could do a throat culture but that's just an extra cost and you have strep." Never mind that the last four strep tests I've done this past year have come back negative, I must have strep! In retrospect, I should have made him give me a strep test, so that I could know for sure instead of just going on his advice or blatantly disagreeing with him. Perhaps I'm a little jaded after three other times I've been on antibiotics this year with no known reason why. It's kind of ironic how sick I've been since returning home from college. Maybe dorms don't breed disease like they say. Unless that disease is sluttyness and, man A LOT of us caught that one!

I cannot tell you how much I hate being on antibiotics. I don't like that they interfere with BC pills, or they awful way they make my mouth taste metallic, and how on day 5 they make my stomach hurt because they have killed all the good bacteria. I'm also on Prednisone, something I've never taken before. (I really should not have googled Prednisone, bad bad plan.) I think I'm on the Prednisone to reduce the swelling of my tonsils and to give me energy in the morning. Also, I think this clinic Dr. is a tad bit crazy. Maybe just pill happy! Obviously, I am not the pill happy type girl. I don't even like taking over the counter meds anymore. Except for my dear, sweet Excedrin. That shit is like gold and has saved me many a time.

I've been asked twice this week if there was any chance that I could be pregnant. Once by the guy who was doing my massage (Yo, I know ya'll dislike BB but he took me to the Spa at the Broadmoor on Sunday, and OMG it was fabulous)and then today by the Dr. as he gave me my prescription for steroids, except it was more of an afterthought, like "oh shit, what if she's pregnant and I kill her baby." Helllo malpractice lawsuit! Right, anyways. It's funny being asked if you are pregnant because men ask in such a wary tone, more of like they are asking if you are sexually active instead of carrying a child.

PS. It was sort of weird to have a massage by a guy, as I've only had women in the past. I don't know why, as it's not a sexual thing to get a massage but maybe it's because you are naked under a towel and in a dimly lit room with a man who keeps touching you!

No comments: