Thursday, October 18, 2007

70 Dollars A Day

That's what I get paid now. Since I'm working this position longer than 6 weeks, I get an extra ten dollars a day. I'm not quite sure if that's really enough. But we'll see. It's not like I make any decisions about what I'm going to be teaching, or do normal things teachers do. Like send away for worksheets.

Things are going well. My kids in 2nd period commented today on how well behaved they have been for me. I suppose that's flattering, as they tortured the previous teacher. She was a great teacher, but extremely strict and probably not much fun. I feel badly for her. That after all her years of teaching, she retires from a horrid group of children that turn around and treat me like I deserve their attention and respect.

Remember that whole saga of this upcoming weekend? About wanting time with CS, then maybe babysitting, then not babysitting, and a trip to Texas? Yeah, all bets are off on that one. Tuesday, at the job site, another company cut LPR's power so they had to take time out to bring in generators and now they are all working this weekend. All my fretting, for naught. Lovely weekend with my boyfriend? Not happening. I guess that's a rookie mistake. Never assume that plans won't change. Nothing will stay the same until it's set in stone.

I'll keep making plans though, like I have some control over my future, and what it is I want to do with it.

No comments: