Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Please Stop Shouting.

Sometimes this is my day. Actually, right now, it's 55 minutes from 1:30 to 2:25. And it's less asking "please" and more wanting to throw something at the little fucks. They are so obnoxious. I may or may not have "Discipline Action" slips ready and waiting on their desks tomorrow, if I could only figure out their names.

We are reading "Night" by Elie Wiesel and so we have been talking a lot about how something as terrible as the Holocaust is possible. And wouldn't you know it, but I had a student use a Jewish slur on another student RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. He must have realized that that was a big, big mistake when my jaw dropped and I instantly got the Wicked Witch look on my face, followed by an "that is not acceptable" lecture.

Other than that, things are going well. It's lucky they are teaching something I know a lot about and so I can just tell all I know to them. The OCS teacher tried to fix me up with someone but luckily I have a boyfriend.

Speaking of the boyfriend, he is currently sleeping in the chair next to me. He went to the Dr. today for the hundred-plus bites he has all over his lower body. They didn't actually know what he was bitten by, and they just told him to take Benedryl and some antibiotics for the next few days. I feel so bad, his whole lower body is just covered with welts. The nurse told me not to let him go fishing anymore. Apparently, that's not an option.

PS. That's my new catch phrase. In case you were wondering, what does Jess say constantly? Mom's going to teach JBelle that soon. I can't wait!

I'm also being a fanstastic English Major and reading Wuthering Heights for the first time. I always feel like I get to pat myself on the back for reading the Classics on my own. I am enjoying it immensely! Did you know that it's a great story? And a rather quick read, I'm already halfway done and I've had about two hours of reading time. What should be on my list when I finish? I still haven't read "Age of Innocence" or "Sense and Sensibility", should one of those be my next choice?

Oh, also, if some of this is mispelled or an obvious error, it's because the spell check doesn't work with Safari and Blogger. And I'm too lazy to copy and paste into a word document and then check and paste again. So, really I'm not an idiot. I just type faster than my fingers can spell. I really can spell! Quite well!

1 comment:

Mair said...

God. Kids are idiots. Well, those kids anyway. I hope they learn someday what exactly transpired there.