Friday, July 18, 2008

Snakebites

We finally got the paperwork from Cobra this week. Since they give you a handy option of filling out the form online, I went off to peddle my savings away on premium coverage. Except I ran into problems. BIG ONES. Like, maybe the internet filing doesn't have the option of adding family coverage. Only coverage for CS. Umm, so who has been paying my medical bills? Luckily, I did not push the Enroll Now icon and I chose to call the 800 number instead. Where I found out that I can do nothing until CS calls in and gives me the authority and also that I am not actually on the policy they were given. I have CS call and ask WTF and he finds out that Ceridian will have to contact his old employer and find out if I was on the policy (YES, they BETTER), then LPR will have to send Ceridian an updated form with family benefits for us, THEN Ceridian will send us a letter to say that we can enroll. Of course, all this paperwork goes straight to CS's house in CO before it gets sent here. Causing even more delay. The man CS talked to said it would take about 3 weeks to get it all worked out. PEOPLE. I only have 6 weeks left of this whole "baby making" process before it's cooked and ready to come out. I still have to go register at the hospital and I'm sure not going to tell them "here's my insurance card. It's not going to do you any good right now because I'm waiting for fucking Cobra to get the paperwork" when I sign in. Thus, no signing in until I get the OK from Cobra that I am covered.

I'm actually decided not to worry about it. Just have faith that it's all going to be ok. I can't do it alone.

1 comment:

The Worm said...

Don't worry. It will all work out. Chris will call and things will get straightened out.

I'd say now is the perfect time to use the pregnancy card - call them up and say "Look people, I am big and pregnant and CAPABLE OF UNSPEAKABLE THINGS AT THIS MOMENT so hurry up on the paperwork or it won't be pretty." But say it in a nice way.

Love!