Thursday, August 12, 2010

WAHM

I worked THREE full days last week. All day long, from 8 to 5. I didn't really get to step away from the office much since if the phone rings, I can't hear it in other parts of the house. Jacob left in the mornings after he woke up, and by Day Three he was not happy. No, he cried and yelled and reached out for me as he left the house. Of course, he was perfectly happy a little bit later but I'm paying the price for that now! He won't let me leave the room without him. In the mornings, he used to watch cartoons while I played online or sewed. Now I have to sit with him while he watches Sesame Street. Or I might just slip out on him? Baby minds are a funny place.

Working 30 hours in one week is something I haven't done since before Jacob was born. And 9 hour days are LOOONG. It was rather quiet but for the most part I was able to handle everything that came my way. There were only a few phone calls for help on my end! I only had about a week of learning how we do things before I was sent out on my own. My job is made so much easier by the fact that we have a one year warranty. I was worried I would have angry mommy emails all the time but we just make everyone happy.

Also, since I do not know many people with children who cloth diaper, I am blown away by the amount of people who do! It's incredible. Disposable diapers are very convenient, take just a little less work, and allow for fewer diaper changes. But they take 500 years to decompose, are full of chemicals, and cannot compare in the cute butt factor. I wish everyone would use cloth. I know I can be as wasteful as the next person but I'm getting to the point where I want to be a lot more green. I hate the plastic bags I come home from the store with, and yet I always forget to bring my green bags to the store. I want to recycle and compost! But my dogs would eat the compost and I don't know if we even have recycling in this small town.

So I'll just do a small part by using cloth diapers and figure out a way to keep a compost bin safe from sneaky dogs.

No comments: