Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Are You There, God? It's Me, Jessica.

I don't know if it's because I came back from Ohio a month ago today, but I have noticed that the thought of moving to Ohio keeps coming back to me. And actually looking like a good idea.

I love it here. I'm even going to admit that I'm a little bit comfortable in Canon now. I want to move to Denver, but it's not such a desperate thing anymore. I've found a little place here, I just know I can't stay forever.

I love Colorado. I like the weather, except this winter of storms that I hate with all my little black heart. I like the friends I've made, here and in Denver. I like JBelle. Ok, LOVE her. I guess I like my family. It's nice to have them close, but I really only see them sporadically. Not that I really do any of this, but I like knowing I could go rock climbing, skiing, whitewater rafting, hiking, rodeo-ing, hot springing...one of those is a lie and I have no desire to do...I like the activeness of this state. Something the Midwest sort of lacks.

I hate humidity. I don't have a lake attachment. I don't miss grey, dreary days in winter. I do love to shop. A large group of my friends are there. Along with my college mentors who would slap me silly for being so lax on my fiction/playwrighting. My church is there. My heart and my support system to keep me strong and give me common sense is there.

And I'm here, enjoying the weather. There is something wrong with that.

1 comment:

The Worm said...

You'll figure it out. Both Ohio and Colorado would be lucky to have you. :)