Thursday, May 10, 2007

B-R-O-K-E

So my car? The one that's still not fixed? That's been in the shop for a month now? And they just figured out what's wrong with it? Like, maybe it has BAD GAS? And now I have to pay another 500 dollars to get that problem fixed? GREAT!

Because I'm not planning on moving to Ohio in a month. Where that $500 dollars I will be putting on my credit card might have come in handy when I am looking for an apartment and paying my bills while unemployed. No, I had no such plans. This blows, I cried. It's just not right, that my car went a hundred miles on a bad tank of gas and only after I got home did it die. (I mean, thanks for getting me home.) But to find out that it won't start now because of bad gas, something that's not my fucking fault, and now I have to pay a thousand dollars to get my car running again kills me. I was all set. I had my money ready, and now I need to plan around again and fix my budget and cut back more.

It doesn't help that I have surgery costs too. I knew I would, and I can handle that. I was just so close to being debt free. (Except for you, Sallie Mae.) My credit cards were almost paid off, I didn't have Dr. bills or random payments to something unscheduled. I was in the black! And it was wonderful. And now I'm a little bit in the red, and planning a HUGE change in my life. A change that I can't just back off and wait. I've done that too many times now. I want to be happy again. I want to see my friends. I am not supposed to be here anymore, it's time to get out.

Don't worry, I'm not going to let some little money issue subdue me. It's not the end of the world. It's just a little challenge that keeps kicking me down. Good thing I'm getting a huge income tax return, huh!

No comments: