Sunday, May 06, 2007

My Lips Are Moving

But you can't hear anything. It takes very little effort for me to move my lips, that doesn't hurt at all. But it takes a lot more encouragement for me to use my vocal chords and actually say something. It doesn't really hurt to take, but it seems like it's going to. So I don't say anything. Gonna make for a good day at work tomorrow! Not only can I not talk to people, I probably can't do a whole lot of activity, since getting up and moving around causes my face to flush and some tiredness to set in.

But I'll be there!

I've gone off the liquid pain meds for now. I took some this morning because I somehow slept until 11:30 and I hadn't had anything since 5 AM. But since then I've only had two Tylenol and I've been ok. I've even been able to eat, although it's a little bit harder to do now and it stings a bit. But I'm quite ready to be done with prescription pain meds and all the lovely ways they screw with your body.

It's been a rainy day today, and I'm glad because now I don't feel like I missed out on any part of Blossom. The arts and crafts fair would have been yucky to see in the rain. And carnivals shut down when it rains. Not that I could have done much at either of those two events, but I try to be positive in my planning. My bar boss was pissed I couldn't work the night of Blossom, but really what did she expect? I'm sure it's better to have a few dirty tables, rather than a trampled cocktail waitress who passed out and died from all the biker boots walking on her. They say things like that aren't good for business.

No comments: