Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good News

I can eat now! Well, I could on Sunday. It was great. Sunday afternoon we went to Denver because I had bought Wicked tickets for Mother's day. We went to PF Changs for dinner and I had lettuce wraps. I felt terrible before eating, very faint and on the verge of a very bad headache. But then I started eating and realized I could swallow without my throat swelling after two bites. After that I ate the whole plate of food. I made a mistake and put the special sauce they mix up for you on my first wrap, but I didn't do that twice. I can eat almost anything as long as there is no spice. Spice still requires vicoden.

After dinner, we walked to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. I bought two pieces. Because I want to branch out and try different things. But I can't go there and not buy the banana one. It's just too damn good. It's better than any cheesecake I've ever had. Even the chocolate ones can't top the banana. But I keep looking for a better one. Soon, I'll accept the fact that there just isn't one.

Wicked was quite amazing. Somehow we had seats in a box, on stage left, which was great because they were much closer than the general seating and I could see some backstage action. Which might bother some people, but not me! Am such a techie. I am so glad that I finally saw this play, because I love the soundtrack and know it completely. I read the book too. The play is very different from the book, but that's ok because Maguire's book are really heavy. It's amazing they made a funny musical out of such a book. Although I cried during the song For Good. It's a fabulous song between Elphaba and Glinda. I remember after we graduated, a lot of people had the quote "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good" on their profiles. And it irked me to no end because it's not a happy song! I feel that that song sums up so many of my relationships. Relationships that are not all happy and sweet love songs. Ones that have been chaotic and difficult but also with equal amounts of moments where I can't imagine my life without these people. The best quote in the song is "who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you, I have been changed for good." I don't pretend all my relationships are good for me. Sometimes they aren't. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, and can't find some value in them. It's just very bittersweet, and the song captures that so well. Which is why I hated it when people used it as some happy, omg you are so my best friend kind of way.

Anyways. Wicked was great. I want to see it again. From a different angle, so I can see the complete set. After the show, we went down the fire escape stairs because we thought they led to the lobby. They did not. They did lead to downstairs back stage. And I am very upset that we did not "get lost" and wander back stage. Because we could have seen an awful lot of things that really excite me. And maybe some of the actors! But we didn't. We let a nice stage hand show us the back door. And we left by the smelly garbage. Sigh. Next time!

No comments: