Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Let Me Tell You

No, Hobbs doesn't have a a Target. We only get to shop at Wal-Mart and Albertson's. All my furniture comes from Rent-A-Center. New Mexico is a flat wasteland of despair. My apartment must have once been occupied by a smoker because all my clothes are tinged with the smell of an ashtray. I haven't met anyone my age here. No one sells Canada Dry Flavored Club Soda here. Fall never happened. Colorado is hours and hours away. There is no red-headed niece to come over on the weekends.

But I am happy.

I have a job I enjoy. Even if some days I want to throw broken bottles at the bad kids. I have great fellow teachers to eat lunch with. I go to aerobics class in the morning and work my butt off. I have a walking path with Hunter. I have my own apartment, stocked with everything thing I need. I have wireless internet. I get to cook whatever sounds good to me. (As long as I have a starch, meat, and a veggie.) I am so well taken care of by CS.

Maybe my life back in Colorado had a few perks, but it was nothing like my life now. I am happy now because I am here with someone who makes me happy. That's all I really need.

No comments: