Wednesday, May 14, 2008

For The Third Time

I had three people tell me they think I'm having twins yesterday. PEOPLE. I am not having twins. I have seen the ultrasounds. Even one in 4-D. There is no extra baby hopping around in there. I suspect there would be a lot more activity in my baby bump if I was having twins. I have only seen one heartbeat, heard only one heartbeat. I can still touch my toes. Only now are non-maternity shirts refusing to cover the bump. I even wore a normal shirt yesterday. Never mind the fact that I can't actually see my toes when I stand up normally. Or that I can no longer squeeze in between a chair and the filing cabinets at work. I don't have good balance on uneven surfaces (like a log I stood on at the lake) and I'm pretty sure I can't get up and down the concrete incline at the river without CS helping me. I also spill everything on my shirt. No longer does dropped food miss me by a millimeter and fall to the floor into Hunt's open jaws. I won't be able to wear any of my clothes at the end of the pregnancy because they will all be grease spattered and stained with random bits of food. I am officially in my SIXTH month and at the end of this week, I will be at the beginning of the end. Welcome to the third trimester. ACK. You know, the one that doesn't have a follow-up trimester. No, it has Post-Partum. Meaning I am three months away from actually having this child.

However, I have lots to do before that point. Like another ultrasound (or two?), the Glucose test, childbirth classes with CS, visiting the hospital, another baby shower in Colorado, setting up the baby room, picking a girl's name, and most importantly: remembering to do those stupid Kegel's over five times a day.


No comments: