Thursday, May 08, 2008

No News

CS told me about some rumors flying around work last week. I've been doing fairly well with this information.

Apparently, there are some problems with the job here. The man in charge over the whole project has had little experience with construction and simply has the job because he's chummy with the head of the company. CS's crew and boss have worked together for a few years and they are known for getting the job done right in a short period of time. Their crew has made the company a lot of money building a new kind of power plant and this is the first time they have been sent to work on a copper mill. They've been having issues since they got here, waiting for supplies and equipment. The big boss man in charge has been getting frustrated because no one is reporting to him as he is clue-less. They've been going to CS's boss, who is below the big boss man. Big boss man, in turn, started hiring on new guys to work for him. Thus pushing out the crew brought to do the job. This makes CS's work buddies a little angry. So they are planning on picking up and moving on to Gillette, WY in July. They are building a new power plant there and the job is scheduled to begin in July.

Enter panicked, freaked out, pregnant Jess.

Fortunately, I have a very wonderful boyfriend who won't be making me leave when the crew does because July is pretty damn close to August and I am having a baby at the end of that month. Even if I were to agree to move so soon to my due date, chances are that the move would be put off for a few weeks and then it'd be labor time and I am not having a baby on the side of the road in between here and fucking Wyoming. Natural birth, sure. Side of the road? Not my thing. Not to mention the fact that we signed a lease, set up utilities and cable for six months, and I just got a job.

I'm still worried about the fact that CS might have to stay behind if his crew does move onto WY in July/August. It's hard to predict what could happen between now and then and it's quite possible that they will stay longer. We're kind of stuck here until October. I'm worried for CS to be working under someone who doesn't have a clue. I worry about what he is sacrificing to make my life easier. It doesn't help that I love it here, but also feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I just hope it all works out for the best, for all three of us. Four, if you count the dog.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

put it into prospective, it is just for a few months. Sacrifice for Chris? You are the one pregnant in Arizona in August....