Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Day After Tomorrow

I will be in Sunny Ohio on Friday. Except the weather tells me I'm bringing some nice snow/ice mixture with me. But the temperature should be in the 30's so that's a nice change from 8.

I booked this trip with two intentions. One was that I am truly trying to move to Denver and it may be the last trip I can take for the next 6 months or so. And Two is that BB was supposed to be in Utah by now. And the trip would serve as a nice distraction to me while he was getting ready to leave as well as a escape once he had left.

But he's still here.

Don't get me wrong. I am so excited to see Annushka. I haven't seen her since last February and that is far too long. I cannot believe we've gone so long without seeing each other, yet it doesn't feel like a year. I'm so glad that I was able to convince her that my coming in January would be fine.

But it is one less week in this relationship I have with BB. I know my relationship with Sally, Sarah, and Kirstin is going to last. We've been out of school for almost two years and we still keep in touch. We get excited for visits and plan more. I don't know how much time I have left with BB. I have no illusions of us "staying together" once we are apart. We are not the couple to try and work things out long distance. I have no doubts that we will keep in touch for a while, and there will probably be a visit or two. But the relationship I've invested myself in for the past few months will be over soon. And like he said, "it's better to have something rather than nothing."

I have many somethings.

No comments: