Thursday, April 12, 2007

10% Interest

I think I'm going to start telling that to boys. "Yeah, we can hang out but I have to be honest here. I'm only 10% interested in you."

I've also decided that I am going to move to Ohio. Ever since I started to seriously consider it, I can see myself there in ways I never saw myself in Denver. My whole life was tied to people in Ohio, and for the most part they are still there. A little more spread out, but a two hour drive to me is nothing. (Like last week when I wrecked my car going to Denver to see KR for dinner.) I break my heart a little bit every time I think about how much of JBelle's life I'm going to miss in my short jaunt to Ohio. I don't see myself staying in Ohio for long, but at least a year. This is an idea that I have been putting off forever, telling myself that I will be better in Denver. But Denver doesn't have my closest friends. The friends I call whenever something happens to me, good or bad. The friends I don't have to wonder if they will be OK with the way I live my life, and the friends that will tell me when I'm not living it right.

I need them. And just maybe, they need me too.

No comments: