Monday, April 23, 2007

Never Mind

I didn't have surgery today. I didn't realize that the sheet they sent from the hospital said no Aspirin. And I took two Excedrin yesterday. I didn't even think about it. It wasn't until I told my mom that night and she said it was bad did I check the paper again. I told my nurse, and she said she thought it would be ok. We told my Dr. and he said he didn't think it would be smart of us to proceed. Aspirin affects the entire life of a platelet, and that life is 14 days long. He said that there is too much risk in blood loss for an elective surgery. And I can come back next week. But I was so bummed. I cried. I just wanted to be able to feel normal after the pain was gone. And now I have to wait. I won't be able to work the Blossom Festival. But it will be done, and it will be done safely.

No comments: