Monday, March 31, 2008

Updating The Internet









I had CS take this last night when I was waiting for the pasta water to boil. I might have been sticking my back out a little, and it's the end of a long day of turkey leg, frozen icee, and cinnamon almond eating at the Festival, and it is the end of the day (when I tend to look a lot more prego due to bloating). But look at it! It's huge! My mom even said I might be the basketball type. This is so not true, but that'd be nice. I know pregnancy is not the time to wail over extra weight, but the more I read, the more it seems like excessive weight gain is not a good idea. I'm almost halfway there and I've only gained 7-9 pounds which is just fine. I don't want to put fifty pounds on, just to struggle to get them off. I eat when I'm hungry and I try to eat a balanced meal. Last night I made spaghetti and as I served myself a plate, I realized that I forgot the broccoli so I had to steam up a bowl before I could eat.

We went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday. I almost didn't go because it was just CS and I. I knew it would be hot down in Apache Junction and crowded as it was the last day. But I'm glad we did! The festival that Colorado has is terribly boring compared to the Arizona one. They had so many performers, and the seating was covered so you didn't roast in the sunshine. The most eventful performance was from a man named Dextre Tripp who could walk the high wire. He began one stunt by wandering the audience, looking for a "volunteer". He came up to me, took my hand, and said "It's your lucky day. You know why? I'm gonna pick him." and he took CS up on stage. And gave him a lighter. CS had to assist him a a few stunts (handing him a chair, a unicycle, whatnot) before Dextre Tripp handed him three juggling pins to hold while he scaled CS's back and stood on his shoulders. Then he lit the pins on fire and juggled them while standing on CS's shoulders. I could not have been more amused.

Even better, as we were walking around, I heard someone walk past and say "That's Chris! Chris." and his companion responded with "Oh, Chris from the show. He's FAMOUS."

No comments: