Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Babywearing


A while ago, a few friends from high school asked me to make mei tai carriers for their newborn babies. I had a jersey tie-on when Jacob was little but I wish I would have made one of these. My mom was always talking about how much she lived her metal backpack carrier when we were little and while I never wore the one she found for me at the thrift store, I wish I had one of these!


Jacob loved being in this, though I doubt he would stay in one for long. I was really worried about how to put it together but it was rather simple, as long as I thought my moves out in advance. I'm rarely good at that, so I'm happy they came out so well. I'd love to make one with a minky lining, I think it would be very snuggly for winter.

The fabric is a great Alice and Wonderland Japanese fabric that I want to buy by the yard but it's $14 so I have to restrain myself.

No comments: