Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful!

Every year, CS's family asks everyone to say five things they are thankful for after we have dinner. Last year, things between me and his family were frustrating at best and I was not very thankful for much of anything besides my mom and Jacob.

This year has been insane, really. It's been full of good and bad, but I'm happy that the good is outweighing the bad. I am so blessed. So below are my five things that I am thankful for this year.

1- My wonderful job. I went looking for a job at the last possible minute. I hardly even looked, honestly. My mom mentioned it to one person and she told me to call so I did and I never thought I could be so blessed to work. I am passionate about this company, the things we do and the people I work with. I love that I get to work from home, even when I get a little stir crazy. I was sure I would not work when I had Jacob but now I am so glad that I can do both.

2- Jacob. He is growing up to be an awesome kid. We have our share of tantrums and spankings but all the other things do does outweigh those naughty times. I love that he's learning to talk. He loves to read books and watch Scooby Doo. A year ago, he couldn't sleep in his crib for more than an hour and now he goes to bed alone and wakes up in the morning, calling for me. I miss the baby but I love what he's becoming.

3- Chris. He makes me laugh and he always stops what he's doing to read Jacob a story. He's made a great effort to change his internal clock from staying up all night to going to bed with me and it's a great change in our relationship. I love that CS and Jacob go get breakfast in the morning or take a trip to Canon in the afternoon while I work to have lunch together. We are finally functioning like a family and it's awesome.

4- My mom. We go over every Tuesday night for dinner and Glee. Hunter comes and Jacob gets to love on Memma. She always cooks for me and we sit around and watch Glee until they start singing and then we dance with Jacob. She has been a great investor of my Etsy shop and I really appreciate that.

5- My church. I try not to proclaim faith and God too much because I know it can turn people off. I do believe that my life is so blessed because of God and I am happy to find a church that I can go every Sunday and learn something new. I've been a believer my whole life but I've never really grown in it and I'm trying to change that. To me, I am blessed by God and I am thankful that I have the ability to proclaim that without fearing for my life. I'm also grateful that I have enough to provide for my child as well as give to those in need. No one in this world should go hungry and I am so sad to hear of children that are starving. If you are interesting, I fully endorse Convoy of Hope

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love no mo blo po month because you write a lot more.