Tuesday, November 02, 2010

IKEA

A friend of mine from college offered to pick up some fabric from Ikea for me in exchange for an apron.

I fell in love with the stripes when Dana from Made did a tutorial on a Chevron pillow with the same yellow stripes. I want to use the navy one for pillows with a nautical theme.


I added a baby for scale. The Ikea website is terrible with showing scale. I assumed that this pattern was a lot smaller. I thought I was getting fabric with lots of starbursts, not just one very large burst. I am not sure what I can do with this. I'm thinking it might look cool as a messenger bag but I'd have to cut carefully.

I saw these trees on Extreme Home Makeover tonight. They used them for curtains and I loved it! This fabric was on sale for $1.99 and I wish I could have gotten 4 yards instead of just one. Anyone want to go to Ikea for me?


This is going to be used as a backing for a baby quilt at some point. Or a lap quilt. I don't want to cut it!


So my stash of Ikea fabrics is quite lovely. I really need to work up some patterns to use it up.


1 comment:

Kendra said...

I want to buy the baby....Can I have him?