Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Alone

Now that CS is finally going to work everyday, I'm discovering that I am alone all day long. It's not gotten to me yet, but I can see the potential for it becoming a problem. Especially since he isn't so great at dinner conversation and now that I can watch TV all day long, it loses it's fun factor in the evening. And guess what he wants to do when he gets home? So my one source of conversation is now engaged into a UFC fight. Great.

I do try to get out of the house and do something once a day. As Jacob gets older, we will go to the library for story time and crafts. Make an effort to get to know other moms with children so I can have play dates. This stay at home mom life has potential. But now, when he's so small, it's harder to go places without needed to nurse in the middle of an outing. Or constantly waking him up as we go from store to store, when I know he just wants to take a nap. I'm not trying to be a stickler for a schedule, but I do like have some thing loose to gage our day. He naps so frequently right now, and bedtime comes around 9:30, so bath time at 8:30 every other night.

There's so much to parenthood that I already understand. I can do this. I've always wanted to be a mama, and I'm good at it. But CS's experience with children isn't like mine. So while I have my own ideas and plans for how things should go, he's not always there with me. We're working on it though. Last night we went to his parents for dinner and I didn't have to ask him to leave, he did it on his own. Baby steps, I guess.

No comments: