Monday, November 02, 2009

Crafty Cat

I finished my wrist warmers. Just in time for the weather to warm up a little bit and be back in capri pants and flip flops. I'm really not complaining, as this is why I love Colorado. We have weather like this a lot, until we get to January and it snows every weekend. But this weather is acceptable. We can spend an hour outside in the afternoon and actually get too warm for jackets. Jacob also insists on putting sticks and small piece of wood into the dog's water tub and I worry that his hands will freeze into icicles when it's cold out. I still let him do it, but I worry. I suppose I will have to start stuffing his hands into mittens before long and that's going to go over great. And no, I will not be knitting him mittens. Size 7 needles are pretty small and I'd need at least a size 3 to knit something like that. Socks are another thing that will not be on my "knit this next" list for some time. Partially because of the small needles and partially because I'm sure I will like it and I've got enough yarn in my box right now.

I can't decide what to knit next. I was going to knit a hat for a child who has cancer in October, so I guess I should still do that. Just because October is over does not mean that children with cancer stop needing soft hats for their bald heads. The only problem is that I have mostly wool in my stash and no one wants to wear wool on their head, much less a bald head. I have some soft pale green and a cream white skeins but that's not really bright and fun for kids.

I'm also tempted to knit a felted bowl and give it away as a prize to someone doing NaBloPoMo. I've never done something like that, but the bowls are not cheap on Etsy and are so simple to make. I was thinking this morning that I should try to make an Etsy shop and sell some of the things I knit but that might make it less fun. Also, seeing as it took me over three weeks to make wrist warmers, I might not be able to keep up with supple and demand. Even if I only had three buyers a month.

No comments: