Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Challenge

Today is the 1st of November. Which means that NaBloPoMo started! (I'm sorry, I have no idea how to make links with Blogger and since I have a Mac laptop, I have no right mouse button so I cannot add the link like I want to. I will look into this.)

*Edit* Ok, so Blogger must not be compatible with Safari because when I switched over to my work computer with Internet Explorer, I found a "Compose" tab with many more buttons, including a Links button.*

I somewhat regret my decision to get a Blogger blog because after I did, I realized there were more options out there. Not that I am any good with HTML or anywhere near understanding Movable Type. But, obviously, as you can see my page is sort of bland. White, really. It's because I am afraid to mess it up. At some point, I will be purchasing or using a free design from somewhere. For now, forgive me. I'm a baby blogger!

This morning started off with getting up at 6:30 to load Sadie, Abby, and Darla Jane into the trailer. This is a picture of one of them.* Since they have no ear tags like the 4-H pigs did, it's kind of hard to remember which one is which. So it could be Sadie, Abby, and Darla Jane or Darla Jane, Abby, and Sadie. It doesn't matter. We are still going to eat them. My mother and I must be getting better at getting them into the trailer because it took us less than fifteen minutes to get them loaded. It could have taken much, much longer with a lot more mud and bruising involved. It was also twenty degrees out and I had on Crocs! I chose the Crocs on purpose. Because anyone who has ever been around pigs knows that pig poo does not go away. EVER! It's the worst. So I was not going to subject the only pair of tennis shoes I have to the pig pen. Crocs are suppose to be anti-fungal, anti-smell. I didn't check after I took them off to see if they resisted the nastiness, but I'm putting faith in my thirty dollar pair of plastic shoes.

*I'll add a pic when it starts working again.*

Halloween was uncelebrated this year. Just like last year, but I can't actually remember what I did last year. Not celebrate, for sure. I was home, because BB went to Denver, although I'm sure that nothing was really going down in this town unless you were under the age of fourteen. I tried to watch TV, but the combination of Hunter claiming me as a resting place and the fact that I don't get enough sleep led me to pass out during Nip/Tuck. Nip/Tuck! A new one! But let's be real, I usually miss Grey's and last season that was almost sacrilege. But ABC.com made it so easy for me since they show each episode with limited commercials on their website. It's amazing!

And now, having sufficiently completed my NaBloPoMo requirement for the day, I am going to reward myself with songs from iTunes! Damn you, you are so addicting!

No comments: